This semester in World History has proved to me to be very interesting and enjoyable. I have learned countless lessons in global patterns from Jared Diamond's movie Guns, germs, and Steel that I can app
ly to modern global patterns. I would have never discovered that movie on my own and defiantly am happy I watched it in class and did plenty of work on my own involving Jared Diamond's ideas. Starting off the year with Afghanistan was very informative since it drew my attention to things I like (such as music) that were happening in other regions of the world today. Starting with Afghanistan has showed to me why things are happening the way they are over their and has brought my awareness to that troubled area of the world. When our class started out of the book I learned ab
out Victorian ideals an
d beliefs. I have always known what Victorian styling is but I never understood what Victorian ideals were or how that class of society was formed. Study of the second industrial revolution has shown me how many modern inventions came into play and how our modern economy has formed and structured. My study in nationalism has shown to me how Europe was shaped and how countries such as Germany and Italy were formed through strong leaders and years of struggle. All in all, this semester has been a blast and I can not wait until next semester when classes begin again.
ly to modern global patterns. I would have never discovered that movie on my own and defiantly am happy I watched it in class and did plenty of work on my own involving Jared Diamond's ideas. Starting off the year with Afghanistan was very informative since it drew my attention to things I like (such as music) that were happening in other regions of the world today. Starting with Afghanistan has showed to me why things are happening the way they are over their and has brought my awareness to that troubled area of the world. When our class started out of the book I learned ab
out Victorian ideals an
d beliefs. I have always known what Victorian styling is but I never understood what Victorian ideals were or how that class of society was formed. Study of the second industrial revolution has shown me how many modern inventions came into play and how our modern economy has formed and structured. My study in nationalism has shown to me how Europe was shaped and how countries such as Germany and Italy were formed through strong leaders and years of struggle. All in all, this semester has been a blast and I can not wait until next semester when classes begin again.

All of your posts are very thorough and thoughtful. Excellent work
ReplyDeleteOutstanding! Thanks for putting forth the thought and effort, not just on this, but throughout the year. I look forward to seeing you again next year!
ReplyDelete