Thursday, January 7, 2010
I took the quiz with surpising results! I have been to 43 states and 5 differnt countries, and I assumed (not to sound negative) I would be able to distinguish people moderately well. I was proven wrong. I only got 5 people correctly sorted!! This goes to show that really we are all the same and just because we may look like someone from a differnt part of the world we are not nessacarily that "race." This quiz has shown me even more why I should believe in the idea that people are people first and should not be judged by their appearance. I have heard people say about falling in love with someone that it is not just the preety face or physical beauty, but the person's internal ways of thinking or feeling that atracts a person to another person. Al in all, an excellent lesson learned that "race" is not a good way to judge anyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

And, if it's not a useful way to judge people, as you very thoughtfully point out, what is it good for, if anything? What role does this powerful idea play in our society?
ReplyDelete