Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hooded Hoodlums of the KKK

The new KKK was reformed after the War, but this time with a new twist. The KKK now was more nativistand focused on antiblack, antiCatholic, antipacifist, antiComunist, andti-internatinolist, antigambling, andtiprostitute, anti-birth control. Basically, the KKK was now ultrconservative and most popular in the South and the Midwest. At its peak there were 5 million members. Despite the great popularityof the Klan, it eventully cracked in the late 1920s since it was exposed as a giant embezzling racketeering ring that kicked back %40 of the profits ofmembership to local organizers. The American people finally realized that the KKK was a horrible organization and their numbers dropped drastically.

9 comments:

  1. Even after seeing Harold and Kumar, I still think the KKK is wrong. It is sad that they were able to obtain over 5 million members. Good picture though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The KKK are crazy! I don't understand at all how people actually think the KKK were in the right. That's honestly disgusting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scary picture Evan! I can't believe there ever was such a thing as the KKK... AND that is STIll lingers today. Scary stuff America...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the short review of the KKK. I still cannot believe how people can be a part of it. The KKK is sooo horrible!

    Good job Evan ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always fascinating to see the list of things the klan was against. And we have to think that their supporters were far more numerous than the 5 million "dues paying" members! Yikes! I guess the encouraging part of the story is that mainstream America eventually stopped viewing it as respectable organization, but on the other hand -- what made it offensive were it's financial practices?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, they really were just anti-everything!
    I had to do a religion project on the current KKK (the 6th era one) and did you know they are saying they want "heritage and not hate" and all this other crazy stuff about getting the government back into the hands of white Christians? Yeah, true story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pardi.
    The KKK are some really messed up people!! Its crazy to think about what they did. Also its weird to even think about how their minds work, they must of had abusive child hoods. Great post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... I didn't make much sense.. sorry Evan. Good post, though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that the KKK were just jealous of everyone else's popularity and wanted attention. They obviously succeeded, but as a result they're hated (hopefully by everyone). Sad that they still exist. Once again, good job Evan

    ReplyDelete